PROPER MAINTENANCE OF VEHICLE :-
SERVICE YOU VEHICLE REGULARLY :-
A well tuned, engine, clean air filter etc. can increase fuel economy by a huge margin.Always use branded right grade engine oil & service schedule as per honda recommendation at honda authorized service center.
KEEP YOUR TYRES AT RIGHT PRESSURE :-
Regularly check your vehicle tyre pressure because properly inflated tyres reduces the load on the engine . A 25% decrease in your tyre pressure can cost you 10% more on fuel & 25% on tyre life.
GOOD RIDING HABITS :-
PLAN YOUR TRIPS VERY WELL :-
Try to avoid traffic, don’t travel in peak days and also check engine oil, coolant before going to trip because this will give you extra mileage.
MAINTAIN MODERATE SPEED :-
Always maintain moderate speed on road because this will give you extra mileage.
Always Riding in between 45 – 55 km/h to get best mileage.
ALWAYS USE HIGHER GEAR :-
Always try to run vehicle on higher gear because on higher gear RPM is low and we attain higher mileage.Incorrect gear shifting will reduce mileage upto 20%.
SWITCH OFF YOUR ENGINE :-
Turn off engine during red traffic signal and when there is a traffic jam.
KEEP YOUR FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH :-
Only use clutch when you shift the gear and stop the vehicle. Unnecessary pressing of clutch leads to wear and tear of clutch.
TRY TO AVOID HIGH SPEED :-
when you are on high speed the effect of wind slow down the vehicle, which effect the fuel economy of car.
REDUCE LOAD ON VEHICLE :-
Unnecessary overloading leads to high fuel consumption.
SOME MORE TIPS FOR FUEL SAVING :-
- Try to fill in large quantities of fuel, because fuel in evaporate easily when expose to air, when you every time open the fuel tank.
- Use vehicle choke only in winters and pushed back the choke after engine get warmed up.
- Don’t park your vehicle under direct sunlight.
- Don’t cover inlet of air filter assembly.
- Don’t cover the engine from front. because this may leads to engine heating.
- Don’t keep brake pedal pressed while riding.