ABOUT HYDROGEN FUEL :-
The hydrogen fuel does not emits any harmful gases, when it burn with oxygen it gives water as product. Hydrogen is available in abundant quantity on earth but we have to extract hydrogen with the help of various processes. Hydrogen fuel is Eco-friendly fuel. Hydrogen fuel is used in internal combustion engine to transmit power. Apart from that, hydrogen fuel is also used as a fuel in spacecraft and planes also. Hydrogen fuel is consider as a energy carrier like electricity.
PROBLEM WITH HYDROGEN FUEL :-
- Hydrogen re-fueling stations are rear available.
- Atomic number of hydrogen is 1 and this is lightest element in our periodic table.So, when it expose to sunlight it will easily evaporates.
- Its also a challenge to obtain efficiency from hydrogen fuel.
- Storage of hydrogen is also a challenging for the scientist.
- Although hydrogen is available abundant on earth but it costly in price.
- hydrogen gas is highly flammable gas.
ADVANTAGES OF HYDROGEN FUEL :-
- In hydrogen gas there is no carbon emissions
- Hydrogen gas is clean gas.
- Hydrogen is renewal energy source.
- Fuel efficiency of hydrogen fuel is very high.
- Hydrogen fuel is Eco-friendly fuel, which does not effect or environment.
WHAT IS HYDROGEN FUEL CELL :-
Hydrogen fuel cell is a electron-chemical cell that convert chemical energy into electrical energy through electron-chemical reaction of hydrogen fuel with oxygen and other oxidizing agents.Fuel cell is totally different form battery,In fuel cell continuous supply of fuel is require for working of the fuel cell otherwise it will stop working. Fuel cell was first invent in 1838, this fuel cell is invent by NASA for her space program. Apart from that, fuel cell has many application like power backup, industrial use and residential use.
WORKING OF HYDROGEN FUEL CELL:-
Hydrogen fuel cell is a simple mechanical machine ,which consist of proton exchange membrane, on one side of membrane have pure hydrogen and on other side there is an ordinary air. Ordinary air have 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen in them.The proton exchange membrane is very complicated because hydrogen and oxygen atoms rarely like together.The proton exchange membrane allow hydrogen atoms to pass through oxygen atoms,only if hydrogen pass their atom to oxygen.Then we put highly conductive metal like platinum on the wall of the fuel cell, so the electron go there and run all the way around fuel cell to get back there hydrogen atom, that action create electric current.After that, when hydrogen and oxygen are all couple and complete again,then we got some water as a product and electricity for our use like playing music, headlamp,or to run electric control module. Fuel cell create energy without creating any pollution.