When it comes to purchasing a vehicle, buying a bike or scooter can be a significant decision for many individuals, particularly in India where they are often the primary mode of transportation. With poor road conditions, heavy traffic and tight alleyways, a two-wheeler can be a convenient and practical choice. Additionally, the affordability of bikes and scooters compared to four-wheelers makes them a more accessible option for many people.
Fortunately, there are several reputable manufacturers of two-wheelers in India, including TVS Motors, which offers a range of high-quality bikes and scooters. TVS Motor sold over 24 lakh units of two-wheelers in the domestic market throughout the year 2022. Some of the top bikes offered by the company include TVS raider 125, Apache and TVS Sports. Their bikes are known for their performance, durability and design.
All bike models of the TVS brand are amazing with excellent features. Let’s checkout the specifications and features of all top models to make a smarter buying decision.
TVS Motors has launched the top-end variant of the Raider 125, TVS Raider 125 in India, a premium bike in the 125cc segment with several first-of-its-kind features.
- The Raider is powered by a 124.8cc single-cylinder motor, producing 11.38PS and 11.2Nm, making it one of the most powerful bikes in the segment.
- The bike also offers two ride modes: Power and Eco.
- The Raider has a split single-downtube frame, telescopic fork, and monoshock suspension, 17-inch alloy wheels, and a 240mm disc brake or 130mm drum brake.
- It comes in three variants: Drum, Disc, and SmartXonnect, TVS raider 125 price is at Rs 85,973, Rs 93,489 and Rs 99,990 respectively.
The TVS Ronin is a neo-retro scrambler motorcycle with a mix of retro styling and modern elements.
- It is powered by a new 225.9cc single-cylinder air/oil-cooled engine, producing 20.5PS and 19.93Nm, paired with a 5-speed gearbox with a slip-and-assist clutch.
- It features a gold-finished 41mm Showa Big Piston USD fork and a monoshock for the suspension, disc brakes at both ends.
- The Ronin is equipped with ‘Urban’ and ‘Rain’ ABS modes, SmartXonnect Bluetooth connectivity including voice assistance and turn-by-turn navigation, Glide Through Traffic (low-speed assist), a silent starter and USB charger.
- The main competitors for the TVS Ronin are the Royal Enfield Hunter 350 and the Honda CB350RS.
- The TVS Apache RTR 180 is a sporty motorcycle powered by a 177.4cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine, producing 17.02PS and 15.50Nm, mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
- The engine is nestled in a double-cradle frame and the bike features a telescopic fork and twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear for suspension, and a 270mm petal disc at front with single-channel ABS and a 200mm petal disc at the rear for braking.
- The bike comes with 17-inch wheels wrapped in 90-section front and 120-section rear tubeless tires.
- It is available only in one variant that is priced at Rs. 1,30,590 (ex-showroom Delhi).
- The design of the bike is sporty and it gets a redesigned LED headlight and taillight units and updated styling and graphics.
- It also comes with several features such as a fully digital instrument cluster with Bluetooth connectivity, TVS’ SmartXonnect with Voice Assist on the top variant, turn-by-turn navigation, gear position indicator and shift assist, call and notification alerts, race telemetry and lap timer mode, and LED headlight and taillight.
TVS Sport is a commuter bike with a simple design, targeted at riders looking for an affordable and efficient option for daily commutes.
- It is powered by a 109.7cc motor that produces 8.29PS and 8.7Nm, mated to a four-speed gearbox.
- It comes in two variants: kick start and self (electric) start, with prices starting at Rs. 64,180.
- The Sport has a simple headlight design and blacked-out components, with vibrant color options to choose from.
- It comes equipped with 5-spoke alloy wheels and an analogue instrument console and has a 10-liter fuel tank with a weight of 110kg.
Overall, TVS offers a variety of bikes to suit different needs and preferences. The TVS Ronin, Apache RTR 180, and Sport are examples of the different types of bikes the brand offers. The Ronin is a neo-retro scrambler with modern elements, the Apache RTR 180 is a powerful bike with advanced features, and the Sport is an affordable option for daily commuters.
TVS has a reputation for producing reliable and durable bikes, making them a great investment for years to come. To make your purchase even more convenient, you can find TVS bikes at Droom, an online marketplace for buying and selling new and used vehicles. In conclusion, if you’re looking for a brand that offers high-quality bikes at an affordable price, then TVS is the right choice for you.