ABS vs EBD – ABS is stand for Anti-lock Braking System and EBD is stand for Electronic Brakeforce Distribution system. One thing is common in both is that, both are connect to brakes. Both this things help in saving the life. Brakes in car’s and bike’s are something everybody familiar with. Brakes are not something pad pressing its basically a life saving system. So here we will discuss abs vs ebd which is best.
ALSO READ :- WHAT ARE ADVANTAGE AND DISADVANTAGE OF CAR TYRE UPSIZE
ABOUT ABS SYSTEM :-
You need to know that, The concept of ABS was first introduce in 1950’s. ABS is an automatic system that uses the principles of threshold braking and cadence braking. Techniques which were once practiced by skill drivers before ABS was invent. ABS operates at a much faster rate and more effectively than most drivers could manage.
ABS prevent the wheels from locking while in panic condition. If a car Does not have ABS and if we press brakes in a tricky situation. Then our vehicle will slip on road or Some fatal accident may happens.
COMPONENT’S USED IN ABS SYSTEM :-
- Speed Sensor
MAJOR ADVANTAGE OF ABS SYSTEM :-
- ABS help in stopping the car at short distance.
- It also reduce ware and tare of Tyre’s.
- ABS increase good control over vehicle.
- Give better braking performance.
- Its prevent wheel locking.
- According to report : ABS Reduced the risk of multiple vehicle crashes by 18 percent.
- Lastly, ABS Increased the risk of run-off-road crashes by 35 percent.
ABOUT EBD SYSTEM :-
EBD (Electronic brakeforce distribution) uses vehicle ABS to adjust the braking force between all the wheels. Its automatically adjust the brake force depending on the condition to make sure that the front or rear brakes perform goods. Without EBD the braking effect inside the vehicle cabin in feel more.
COMPONENT’S USED IN EBD :-
- Wheel speed sensor
- Load sensor
- Brake force modulators
MAJOR ADVANTAGE’S OF EBD SYSTEM :-
- EBD increase vehicle stability and decrease stopping distance.
- This make brake’s more predictable.
- EBD system improve traction control on roads.
- increase the braking efficiency of vehicle.
- Lastly, reduce the braking effect inside the cabin.
ALSO READ :- What is hydrogen fuel cell ? how it will give evolution in automobile industry